MAGPOP Garching Spectra Workshop - MPA-Garching, Germany, 2007. May 28-31.
The primary aim is for everyone working on spectra (simulated, real, indices, statistical methods, semi-analytics etc) to meet together for a very informal workshop, to discuss the joining of simulations and data, the extraction of physical parameters, to keep in touch with which methods are being tried, to brainstorm where we want to take spectral analysis next.
Click here for meeting minutes and uploaded presentations!
- Monday: Simulations and the Virtual Observatory
- Indices and spectra from the Millenium Run Semi analytics - comparison with SDSS
- Data compression: PCA etc
- Spectrum services in the VO: databases - what's available to make our lives easier?
- Tuesday: Spectral synthesis and real data
- CB07 vs. BC03 - what difference can we expect?
- Synthetic stellar libraries
- SDSS and VVDS: what's new?
- Emission lines in galaxies
- Wednesday: Discussion, future targets, goals and dreams - what do we want to have achieved before Malta?
- Beyond the stellar continuum: Emission lines - getting them out of the semi-analytics, correlations with absorption lines...
- Parameterisation of SFHs/Z histories: how can we compare different galaxy formation models?
- Science goals for getting spectra from the Millenium Run - why bother?
- Are we ready for full spectral analysis? How to solve the current problems.
- Please send me your arrival/departure dates and times, and where you will be staying - unless you have told me already.
- Send me your talk titles
- Please send me your MAC addresses for your laptops. Otherwise, due to the holiday on Monday I won't be able to get you network access until Tuesday when the administration returns.
- If you need help finding somewhere to stay, please contact Maria Depner maria at mpa-garching.mpg.de